[ale] OT: Comcast modem

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:34:32 EST 2013

About two years ago I replaced my rental with a $75 Motorola Surfboard I bought from Amazon.  It's Docsis 3.0, but doesn't have integrated wifi or anything fancy, as I wanted to be able to use an access point of my own choosing.

Activating it with Comcast was surprisingly easy.  I called up, told them what I wanted to do, they routed me to someone who knew what they were doing.  He asked for the serial number, and because I already had it cabled, he sent some reset signals and we were done.  That was the last time I talked to them...about cable modems ;-)

-Scott