[ale] [OT]How does Android pull off url "spoofing"?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sat Aug 17 13:30:22 EDT 2013

On 08/17/2013 01:04 PM, JD wrote:
> Which distro and release?
Mint 13 (Ubuntu 12.04 under the hood, I can't stand Unity)

> Under Ubuntu, the default handling for some devices via USB wasn't included
> until 13.04. I had to install a PPA version on my 12.04 system - since then the
> USB connect works perfectly on a Nexus4. There are instruction - via google.
That's helpful.  Google search didn't happen to turn that bit of info up.
Airdroid works OK so I think I'll leave well enough alone.  I might do
it for my phone/system though.

> For network based stuff, I use a ... er ... File Expert. It has an sftp client
> built-in - among others.  copy/paste files or dirs as needed that way.
>
> Any number of rsync clients are available for Android. j
Again, that's probably even more foreign to my wife who's a bit like a
modern day Luddite.  She begrudgingly adopts new technologies. Although,
she said she'd never have one of those smart phones and since I bought
her one, she can't put it down.  :)

Thanks,
Jim