[ale] [OT]How does Android pull off url "spoofing"?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Aug 17 13:04:41 EDT 2013

Which distro and release?

Under Ubuntu, the default handling for some devices via USB wasn't included
until 13.04. I had to install a PPA version on my 12.04 system - since then the
USB connect works perfectly on a Nexus4. There are instruction - via google.

For network based stuff, I use a ... er ... File Expert. It has an sftp client
built-in - among others.  copy/paste files or dirs as needed that way.

Any number of rsync clients are available for Android. j

There is also OwnCloud - never got it working between Linux systems, so I didn't
bother with Android. Anyway, that's an option too.

OTOH, I think in terms of directories and files, not media file types when
transferring.

Regardless, you will need to know the DNS name or IP of the "server" side. I've
found DHCP reservations controlled by the router solves that.