[ale] OT: What the hell is XSS in Comcast land?

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 22:31:05 EDT 2013

Yeah, that's what I am doing. I have my own router connected to theirs
and my network is on my router/WiFi. I would still like to have them put
the thing in bridge mode so the WiFi is off, it seems to causing some
interference in certain areas of my house. I guess I could also build a
tin foil house around their modem and ground it.

On 08/12/2013 07:33 AM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On 08/11/2013 06:07 PM, Scott Castaline wrote:
>> I have also tried to reactivate my old box and they can't do it, or say
>> they can't.
>
> To work around issues with Comcast, put in a router with ARP proxy and
> firewall.
>
> Then you can treat the devices on the outside of the firewall as hostile
> and not part of your network, and everything inside the proxy/firewall
> is "safe" and can be managed by you.
>
> This works also with Comcast's brain-dead SMC devices that they use for
> commercial customers.
>
>     — Mike
>
> --
> Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch
>
> President, *Naunet Corporation*
> ☎ (678) 287-0693 x130 or (888) 494-5810 x130

Sent from my home PC running Fedora19 to you and NSA, FBI, CIA, HSA
and God only knows who else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!