[ale] OT: What the hell is XSS in Comcast land?

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Aug 12 07:33:03 EDT 2013

On 08/11/2013 06:07 PM, Scott Castaline wrote:
> I have also tried to reactivate my old box and they can't do it, or say
> they can't.

To work around issues with Comcast, put in a router with ARP proxy and
firewall.

Then you can treat the devices on the outside of the firewall as hostile
and not part of your network, and everything inside the proxy/firewall
is "safe" and can be managed by you.

This works also with Comcast's brain-dead SMC devices that they use for
commercial customers.

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (888) 494-5810 x130