[ale] Would you get Redhat Tomcat from Redhat or Apache?

Michael Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Aug 12 15:16:03 EDT 2013

I would say it depends on need, but always use yum.

Setting up a proper repo can take some work and means that you have to manage updates and dependencies, but can mean additional functionality or better upstream support. If you're using Real Red Hat, then I would likely stick to official for support purposes unless there is some really big reason you need to compile from source and take on release, update and dependency management yourself.

Sent from my iPhone