[ale] [OT] Looking for an old beater motorcycle.

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sat Aug 10 06:22:52 EDT 2013

On 08/09/2013 04:27 PM, James Taylor wrote:
> I once  ran that line by a guy I worked with from London, and he had no idea what I was talking about.
> Apparently the line was a result of the (justly deserved) reputation that British cars' electrics had.
Yes, they do have selective memories.  I once mentioned in passing the
war of 1812 to a pretty intelligent friend from England, and he said, "I
never heard of it, we didn't fight the US then".  He did some research
and came back a bit shocked that they didn't ever mention it in the
history texts in his schools.

Jim.