[ale] [OT] Looking for an old beater motorcycle.

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Aug 9 16:27:35 EDT 2013

I once  ran that line by a guy I worked with from London, and he had no idea what I was talking about.
Apparently the line was a result of the (justly deserved) reputation that British cars' electrics had.
Once they stopped using cloth insulation and other ancient methods, Lucas products are pretty good.
Once you get past the early '60's, the electrics are as reliable as most other vehicles.
Of course my '75 XJ12 was an electrical nightmare because of incredibly bad design, and I don't think it had Lucas electrics.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

On 08/09/2013 02:54 PM, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> The Brits were damned with Lucas electrical parts. And leaky oil gaskets!
Why do the English drink their beer warm?  'Cause their refrigerators
are made by Lucas.

Only folks that owned a British car/MC will understand that.  ;)

Jim.