[ale] Locating the name of public facing machines within a domain

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Thu Aug 8 16:18:20 EDT 2013

There may be no way to know all the public websites.
If they have wildcard DNS forwarding, many many many virtual domains can be
hosted - not just on a single server, but across very large numbers if a reverse
proxy is used.

BTW, I do this myself - and there is no public record of all the domains hosted.
 If htere isn't any public linking to it, I don't see how you could locate these
without much more access than you have.