[ale] Locating the name of public facing machines within a domain

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Aug 8 16:05:22 EDT 2013

Ok - short result as noted in the web link, and the other responses (thank
you all!), if authoritative server is set up to allow the AXFR transfer,
this is easy with dig. Otherwise, you are pretty much SOL, on a very
sincere level.

As for trying the various posibilities - already done that and failed.
Worth a try obviously.

Going in with nmap was suggested as possible on the web page, but I
_really_ don't want my sysadmins thinking I'm trying to attack them! In
fact, I don't want to find out whether or not they are paying good enough
attention to notice such.

Guess I'll need to wait on support then...

To one and all - thank you!