[ale] HTML INCLUDE Feature Stopped Working

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:10:38 EDT 2012

Thanks for replying fellas.

JD: I didn't verify if SSI was enabled because I was able to use it just
fine. I will look into the directory you referenced. I will also see if
there is another .htaccess file that I missed.

Jeff: Putting SELinux into "permissive" mode was done a while back when I
intially setup my apache server. I went to one of the directories
http://demo.digitalalias and it told me I didn't have permission. I chmod'd
stuff and it still gave me the same result. So; I temporarily disabled
SELinux. Oddly enough I did run the code SELinux suggested to fix the
problem, but that didn't work.

Anyway; after disabling it I haven't turned my computer off and I was
coding and viewing pages without any issues. It was only a couple days ago
that when I continued to code I then noticed that my SSI's no longer
worked. I repeatedly enforce'd and permiss'd SELinux. I rebooted a couple
times, but still no change with SSI.

I also posted a topic on the Fedora Forum. It has about 70+ views, but no
one wants to touch this issue with a 10' pole.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Lightner, Jeff <JLightner at water.com> wrote:

> You said you had an SELinux issue then quickly disabled it.   Was this
> recent or something you did some time ago?  If the latter did you recently
> reboot the system?   You can temporarily make SELinux permissive but unless
> you update the /etc/selinux setup on next reboot it might go back to
> enforcing.

*Marc Ferguson*

www.fergytech.com | www.digitalalias.net

*"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"*