[ale] Linux bashed by Apple?

Doug Hall doughalldev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 14:58:49 EDT 2012

Then, I guess I'm happy being a "stupid person", Jim. Because instead
of spending my time learning how to coordinate components that work, I
can focus it on getting better at what I'm paid to do. I'm one example
of why walled gardens aren't such a bad thing, if they include gates
and keep the weeds out. My walled garden isn't perfect, for sure
(namely, Apple's dropping support for older software based on its
"Carbon" libraries) But, it's the best one available that allows me to
be productive. My time is worth something, so I'm happy to reward
Apple with some extra dollars. And since we have few IT support
people, it keeps other "stupid" people out of my hair, too -- as
you've said.

I think we should applaud these articles for bringing Linux's
deficiencies to light. You can't solve problems if you don't recognize
them. Hopefully, they will help convince the right people to make the
changes necessary to reduce or eliminate these problems going forward.