[ale] Sysadmin/DBA/Webmaster needed

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Thu Oct 11 21:43:39 EDT 2012

On 10/11/2012 02:26 PM, Alex Carver wrote:
> Job #0 is to make sure whatever is there doesn't go down.
> Job #1 is to unwind Django and go back to straight LAMP for dynamic
> content and straight HTML for static content.  Most of the backend stuff
> was fortunately unharmed because it's not web facing so Django doesn't
> play a role.

I'm sure that Django isn't, itself, the problem---Django is, when
correctly used, quite an awesome framework to work with.  When
applications are correctly written (and deployed correctly!) they run
wonderfully.

Is the desire for LAMP because PHP is the norm, as opposed to Python?

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”