No subject

Tue Nov 13 08:16:38 EST 2012

From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of Wolf Halton
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:44 AM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] Todays trends

Zabbix has better history functions, too.

Wolf Halton

Security in the Cloud - http://AtlantaCloudTech.com<http://atlantaCloudTech.com>
Apache Developer wolfhalton at apache.org<mailto:wolfhalton at apache.org>

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu<mailto:allen at ua.edu>> wrote:
I think the pretty web front end is what I like about Zabbix.  You don't have to be a Linux geek to administer it.  I can give one of our Windows admins rights to it, and a person who can't figure out how to exit out of vi can do everything they need to do from the gui.  Sure, you can extend it with some custom scripts you call, etc...  but you can get most of your monitoring configured without ever touching the commandline.
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer