No subject

Tue Nov 13 08:16:38 EST 2012

"What if I go over my monthly network data transfer?

All incoming traffic to your Linode is free.

Transfer quotas are soft caps and if you go over by a few GB we usually
won't invoice. We also send an e-mail when you reach 80% of your monthly
quota. Transfer is pooled among all of the Linodes under your account. If
you believe you will have overages consistently, you can purchase
additional transfer or upgrade to the next plan level. Additional transfer
is $0.10/GB."

I bet they would be willing to work with you if you got /.ed. They're nice
folks, in my experience.

But it does depend on what you really need. If you don't need, erm, more
bare bones type system of Linode, then an OpenVZ host might suffice. Or you
could look at what Amazon offers.

[1] --
http://www.linode.com/faq.cfm#what-if-i-go-over-my-monthly-network-data-transfer