No subject

Tue Nov 13 08:16:38 EST 2012

"There is no regulation of the vulnerability market in the
U.S. There is a law prohibiting the export of software that
provides penetration capabilities that would enable the users
to attack, deny, disrupt or otherwise impair the use of computer
infrastructure or networks. But there is no mandatory reporting
of vulnerability sales."

Hehe, and comments do indeed call-out an (umm...) Elephant
In The Room vis-a-vis the above-quoted paragraph...  (Which I
won't name here but it is rather obvious...  :)

I've long lamented what Our Industry has become (re: current
thread here on "awesome/scary").  An awful lot of Because We
Can, as opposed to Because We Should.  {sigh}

-kc