[ale] Where can I get a Load Cell that will plug into a Raspberry Pi

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Nov 26 11:32:12 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-11-25 at 22:41 -0500, Michael Potter wrote:
> Your Arduino tip was good.  Google is a bit more friendly adding Arduino as
> a key word.

> I am going to experiment with adding a load cell on exercise equipment to
> measure and record the load.

Load cells?  Crap.  I must have deleted the original message.  I didn't
even think of that (while trying to forget some of the things I didn't
think of and probably didn't want to know of...).

Someone posted (in a general science news forum) about the Wii balance
boards.  They are amazingly accurate and precise.  Some hospitals have
been replacing hugely expensive assistive technology equipment with
these simple devices and their load cells for people recovery from
strokes and other issues requiring relearning skills and relearning
balance.

The damn things are more accurate than most digital weight scales and
are fun to play on.  Kudos to the first who hacks a Wii balance board
into an Arduino or RPi!  One more project on the list!

Regards,
Mike