[ale] OT: a interesting new Android 4.04 based toy to play with

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Nov 23 11:06:48 EST 2012

Jason,

Thanks for the links you sent.  I'll check out the hackers keyboard later.  However, I'm using a physical bluetooth keyboard on this tablet.  When this is on, the on screen keyboard goes away.  It works great but it has no keys for page up, page down, home, end, cut, copy, paste.  I was wondering if there were shortcuts like (ctrl-c) etc. which would work.

I was able to use the other link to install the google market on this cheap tablet.  However, it's an older version, which has now been replaced by the google play store.  I tried installing the apk for the play store from my other tablet, but the app keeps crashing.  Do you (or anyone) know how to get the newest google play store working on one of these tablets like the Uniden?  The play store has some cool features like auto app updates that I'd like to take advantage of.

Sincerely,

Ron