[ale] Linode

Erik Mathis erik at mathists.com
Wed Nov 7 15:07:32 EST 2012

If you are using Linode or thinking about using them. Please beware of
the below. They apparently have no interest in fixing this. You can
judge "rare" for you self using http://status.linode.com

-Erik-

Hello,

In each of our datacenters, we only peer with the datacenter provider's
network and rely on their peering with other network service providers.
Because of this, we are unable to directly route traffic around issues
ourselves and must rely on our datacenter providers to do so.

As soon as we noticed today's issue, we contacted our Atlanta datacenter
provider and they notified us that they were already working on
resolving the problem with the bad peer. Establishing that line of
communication is always our top priority so that we can communicate this
to our customers via our status blog and any opened support tickets.

I do understand that you are frustrated and I greatly apologize for the
downtime you experienced. This type of partial outage is rare and we
always put in our hardest effort to resolve them as soon as we can.

If you have any other questions or need any other assistance, please do
not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Nick