[ale] [OT] Life north of ATL?

Matthew simontek at gmail.com
Mon May 28 11:07:34 EDT 2012

Reminds me of savannah, and the landings. They needed to replace a
brige, so people on the island, raised money to rebuild it, paid for
the studies, the plans, etc. They were in the process of raising money
to actually build the bridge when the obama roads package passed, they
applied, and got funding. City of savannah was pissed that they got
funding. The thing was that it was a project that was ready to goto
work, where the rest of the country wanted money to look into options.
They took care of most of it themselves.

On 5/27/12, Michael Potter <michael at potter.name> wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Michael Campbell
> <michael.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hopefully Milton county will re-emerge sometime soon ;)
>>>

>> Amen to that, but I don't see it happening any time soon; it will require
>> state constitutional change which is never easy, and Fulton is NEVER
>> going
>> to want to let go of the tax base.
>>

> I half way pay attention to the Milton County thing and believe it
> would be good for all if it were structured as follows:
>
> 1) Eliminate Fulton County as we know it and make all services that
> Fulton County provides part of Atlanta.  Essentially merging Atlanta
> and Fulton County.
>
> 2) Everywhere that is in current Fulton County and outside of Atlanta
> becomes a new county or counties.
>
> This will eliminate a taxing body for the people of Atlanta and make
> government more efficient.
>
> I would like to see a study done on how much money goes to North
> Fulton and how much Tax money is raised in North Fulton.  Many people
> seem to assume that North Fulton is contributing more than their share
> to Fulton, but I have not seen a study and have recently heard that is
> not true.

Sent from my mobile device

SimonTek
912-398-6704