[ale] help providing stable power to pc's to ride through storms

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue May 22 00:52:12 EDT 2012

Unless your getting a sizable flywheel system, spend the $ on a good ups
with power conditioning.  Brown outs cauae data loss! I agree wirh Bob. APC
and Triplite are worth the cost. Look for AVR, automatic voltage regulation.
I installed a 15kW natural gas generator with automatic relay. It powers
most of my house when the mains are down. $3k with self-install.