[ale] bash commands

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sun May 20 20:39:22 EDT 2012

On 05/20/2012 07:35 PM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> No. Windows "was meant to be done in" admin. Unix was meant to have
> strict permissions enforcement. sudo -i is bad sauce.

If that's current thinking, then it's changed.  I've been administrating
Unix systems for about 25 years.  Sudo didn't exist and you needed to su
in order to do admin tasks.  It was accepted and expected.  You couldn't
install SunOS, HPUX, UNICOS or Irix without it.  I'm afraid this old dog
isn't learning new tricks, I use sudo -s or sudo -i on a regular basis
when I don't have su enabled.

Jim.