[ale] Mac's version of BSD

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu May 17 09:19:27 EDT 2012

This really isn't the case. iPhoto is registered as the default image
handler. Thus, when the system recognizes a camera roll it will ask if
you want to open iPhoto to manage it. You can adjust this under
iPhoto's preferences very easily[1].

Further, you can simply delete iPhoto if you never want to use it.
It's really that easy; just select it and delete it. However, I prefer
to use AppCleaner[2] to "uninstall" applications. That way, no extra
cruft is left laying around.

In regard to where iPhoto stores its information, look in
"~/Pictures/iPhoto Library". If browsing there with Finder, you'll
need to right click the "iPhoto Library", erm, file and choose "Show
Package Contents" because it is registered as package (so that it can
be double clicked to open iPhoto, primarily).

It's quite silly to claim that someone doesn't own their machine
because you don't understand the software installed on it.

[1] -- https://img.skitch.com/20120517-qiccrxshkq384cr6fmh3t8fn5c.png
[2] -- http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

--
James Sumners