[ale] I really incredibly exponentially hate ubuntu unity

Pablo Ordonez pablo.f.ordonez at gmail.com
Wed May 16 01:04:25 EDT 2012

I use Ubuntu as my main work tool. I try to make my life as simple as I
can, so 99% of my work time is shared among emacs, a terminal, and a
browser(chromium). I do not use Unity that much; however, I find HUD very
clever and useful to find shortcuts in the different modes in emacs. I know
that my work can be done by any distribution, so why I use Ubuntu?

Because they are very clear about what they want. They are trying to reach
the desktop, laptop market,  and they NAME PUBLICLY  who are the
Monopolistic contenders.

Today I bought a decent laptop at http://www.avadirect.com  without
paying Microsoft tax.  That happened no because of slack, mint, fedora
etc.. ( although they can install those distributions).

I do not (super_hyper_ultra)-hate Red Hat, Fedora, Slack. I guess, they
are wonderful distributions and I'm glad some people enjoy them.  I think
this kind of threads does not help to Linux or Linux community. Pls code
more and talk less to improve your favorite distribution.

Pablo :)