[ale] [ANNC] ALE-NW @ SPSU MTG. for Thurs, May 10, 7:30pm

Ted W ted at techmachine.net
Thu May 10 18:23:17 EDT 2012

On May 7, 2012, at 9:31 PM, JD wrote:
> The next ALE-NW @ SPSU meeting is being held Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 7:30pm in
> room J131 of the Atrium (J) building on the SPSU campus.
>
> The feature presentation will be:
>
> GO, the basic ideas behind it, and why it should be considered a tool that fits
> between C and Python.
>

> Speaker Bios:
>
> Paul Kline, started in 1992 with the US Air Force writing C And Objective-C .
> His expertise is in secure application development and backend development.   He
> has done numerous windows & linux development projects.  He is currently working
> for one of a very large Healthcare IT to continue to develop HL7 routing
> services and Identity Management .
>
> Adam Jimerson started off writing programs on TI-83 calculators using a BASIC
> variance (TI-BASIC), from there went to learn Perl and PHP.  He is now working
> for a small software company doing multiple Linux deployments.
>

> =======
> For a campus map and a link to directions please see
> http ://www.spsu.edu/visitspsu/campusmaps/index.htm
> Parking in non-reserved spaces in the P60 deck is best. building J, the Atrium
> building, is a short distance east of the parking deck.
> ======
> ALE-NW at SPSU meetings are open events and we hope you will join us! Also remember
> that topic suggestions and presentation offers the meetings can be emailed to
> [ jdp (at) algoloma ]
>
> ALE-NW will be taking the summer off. We'll be back in late August.

Dang, I really wish I could be there but, alas, I promised my significant other has "the bug" and is requesting my presence at jewelry gallery to look at some rings she wants... ((ducks)) I've been diving head first into GO recently and would love to attend this presentation. I would love it if someone could record this as well.
--
Ted W. < Ted at Techmachine.net >
Registered GNU/Linux user #413569