[ale] Fwd: Jim - cannot post this message to ALE, please post for me

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Tue May 8 11:39:18 EDT 2012

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the note. You have a good point about theft and such. I think that's the approach I'll take. Just take something simple. Maybe I'll use an old hard drive and install Ubuntu 12. I mainly want to do web browsing and such. And, I can get to my email through the web browser through my ISP. However, that's not nearly as useful as the standard email client.

Now that you mention it, I guess I need to think about possible theft even in the local area. I keep a pretty tight rein on the laptop, but a theft would really be a pain.

Just so you know. When you quoted my original reply below, both on K9 Mail on my tablet and on Eudora on my laptop, the quote is about 8 screens wide, and doesn't word wrap. I've never seen that before.

Hope you're doing well.

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern. My email address has changed. Replying to former
address. Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

call on the phone. I get about 300 emails per day from alternate energy
mailing lists and such. I don't always see new email messages very quickly.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422
linuxdude AT techstarship.com

Rich Faulkner <rfaulkner at tux86.org> wrote:

Use common sense.  Don't take tax records and sensitive data about on your laptop.  Don't expose high value items to high risk situations (like theft!)  Go with a basic laptop with what you need and nothing else.  Keep it simple and you won't likely have any problems...

Rich