[ale] USB host mode on android tablet

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri May 4 12:38:43 EDT 2012

For a USB - serial converter, I recommend the Trendnet TU-S9, which
supports all the handshaking signals of the serial port.

I've never used a bluetooth serial converter, but typing that into
google yields these results:

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=bluetooth+serial+converter&btnG=Search

I've also been using a bluetooth obd ii converter to read data from my
car's ecu through the odb ii port:

See this thread: [ale] semi ot GOT ODB II Android working here's how -
was anyone using obd ii automotive diagnostics

and this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MPZ9VC/ -
BAFX Products (TM) - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light
and other diagnostics - Android compatible

Note, I DON'T know the security implications of using bluetooth for this
purpose.

Sincerely,

Ron

--

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)