[ale] run only one time in Arch Linux how to

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Thu May 3 13:20:31 EDT 2012

Friends:

I have two flavours of VM's I have setup.

Both are Arch Linux.

1.  No X Server

2. XFCE based desktop

For the NON-X server

I want to be able to auto login as user "bestuser".

As soon as bestuser logs in, only one time, a particular shell script (or a
bunch of scripts) should run.  (not each time terminal opens)
If possible I prefer to auto login the bestuser and thereby auto-run-once a
bunch of scripts.

For the XFCE desktop setup,

In the Windoze world we have the tweak-ui app that auto logs in the user
and the startup folder executes what you want.  I want similar to that in
XFCE4.

Any suggestions would help.

-Narahari