[ale] Unity dash default

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue May 1 18:13:19 EDT 2012

On 04/26/2012 06:24 PM, John Knight wrote:
> Have you tried remastersys?
>
> http://www.geekconnection.org/remastersys/ubuntu.html
>
> As far as I know, most Ubuntu-derivatives are created using it so there
> is a lot of control over what packages are installed on a default
> install as well as the repositories that you connect to (most people I
> know putting together a special blend/mix of their distro are doing it
> for their department and often have a private repository).

No, I am doing this old school.  I'm doing it by hand.  unsquash-fs,
copy sources.apt, etc.   It is the same method those graphical programs use.

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to locate where Unity stores
the defaults (on the CD when not booted!) for the icons that are shown
in that left panel.  It shows libreoffice math, impress, and writer.
I've done  a find with grep on the whole root looking for any strings
that have the path of those programs to see what file they are defined
in and I am having no luck.  I'm running out of time remastering this CD
so I'm about to give up on customising that piece.

I guess my only option would be to copy the root to directory 2, Go to
dir 1 and do an apt-get remote of libreoffice.  I can then do a diff on
the the two tress to see which file got updated.

I'm not doing this live.  I'm chrooting into it

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2486826/edit.sh