[ale] semi ot GOT ODB II Android working here's how - was anyone using obd ii automotive diagnostics

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Tue May 1 11:37:09 EDT 2012

Hi Mike T and others,

I would be willing to do a presentation on it with a few caveats:

1) If anyone gets killed or injured because they're messing with this
app in their car, it ain't my fault.
2) I have to work around my July / August vacation schedule.  During
August and later, I hope to be taking programming courses at Gwinnett
Tech, which I also have to schedule around.
3) I'm not a car expert and I'm not an Android expert.  For that matter,
I'm not an expert on this Torque application.  It has many features I
haven't tried.  But, I've been tinkering with it a bit and I have it
working.  I'm willing to share what I've learned.
4) GPS cannot be demonstrated in the classroom.  There is no reception.
5) If we want a from scratch live installation demo, I may have to use
someone else's Android device, since I don't want to erase my setup.  I
can demonstrate mine up and running though.
6) If we want a live bluetooth demo and a live running demo, with active
gauges, since I cannot get my car into the classroom, I'll need access
to an ODB II simulator, which I don't have.  I can demonstrate
application setup and virtual gauge placement without the gauges
actually running though, and other things with photos and slides.  If
anyone has access to such an OBD II simulator, let me know.
7) To show the tablet screen on the projector, I need a camera pointed
at it or I need an HDMI port.

Sincerely,

Ron

On 5/1/2012 10:21 AM, Michael Trausch wrote:

> Perhaps you can do a presentation on this?
>
> On May 1, 2012 12:15 AM, "Ron Frazier (ALE)"
> <atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
> <mailto:atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Neal, and others,
>
>     I finally got my Bluetooth OBD scanner, and have been having a
>     ball playing with it.  I'm going to share my experience with
>     everyone.  Regarding distractions, I agree with you, so let's get
>     the warnings out of the way.

<snip>

--

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier

770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com