[ale] Looking for recommendations on LVM + soft Raid on home server

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue Mar 20 08:26:03 EDT 2012

I agree with the idea of using LVM for / and partition for /boot.  As stated before this is the way RHEL/CentOS does it by default.   Here we use hardware RAID so don't bother with meta disks.  If you don't have hardware RAID I'd definitely recommend making the meta disks first then laying out LVM on top of the meta disks.