[ale] Web site to help people become professional Linux System Administrators?

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at Tux86.org
Fri Jun 22 14:54:55 EDT 2012

Websites are "dangerous" for those of us who are "idea" guys.  I am like
you (like to help people) and have personal experience in feeding these
beasts.  It takes a lot of time to keep them up and keep the content
fresh.  (At least to do it right IMHO).  Done right, they are rewarding
in their own way.

So is this a good idea?  It really depends on if you have time to feed
it or not?

Life happens and many things can distract.  Work, family, finances, you
name it.  If you don't over extend your commitments, you can spend many
an enjoyable hour building and maintaining personal projects like this.
My longest running site is 15-years old now and although not updated
frequently; is still alive and has a following in the community it
serves.

My first thought is to do what you're doing right now.  Participate in,
and be an active member of the ALE community.  We're rich with content
like wearing kilts to job interviews and invent new words like
"corporapists".  Where else are you gonna get such great stuff?!

[...sorry guys, I couldn't resist!]

But seriously, I joined ALE as part of my path to finally learn Linux
with an eye on a professional future.  Did it work?  Yes!  I've got my
first job because of Linux learned through self-study, LXF magazine and
ALE.  (Thanks guys!)

Don't know if that helps but that be my two centavos............RinL