[ale] OT Are you using QR codes on business cards and how

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 09:25:34 EDT 2012

I use QR's on my business cards.  On the front of the card I have all
the normal info, name, phone, email, website, and job function.  On
the back of the card I have a largeish QR code with all the same
information as well.  So at a glance, someone knows who I am and how
to contact me.  Should they want to integrate that information into
their digital contacts list a quick scan of the QR code on the back
does it all for them.  It's worked great for me so far.

--chip

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Lightner, Jeff <JLightner at water.com> wrote:
> Business cards are something I typically give to vendors when they give me theirs during presentation meetings.  They used to come in handy for trade shows/conferences for getting swag but many of those now give you a badge that can be scanned by the people in the booths.
>
> I typically print my own business cards about 10 at a time on a laser printer using business card sheets that can be purchased at most office supply stores.
>
> While having a CR on your card might make sense I agree with others that the card should have human readable critical information.
>
> I'm reminded of something a career orientation instructor once told us:
> "Some people will tell you to make your resume on odd size paper so that it doesn't stack up neatly with other resumes but instead sticks out - that way you're resume is more likely to be examined first.   The alternative however is that the person trying to stack them up may simply say 'Darn - this doesn't fit' and simply toss it out to keep their stack neat."
> Having a business card with only CR on it might simply get it tossed.
>
> Years ago when I worked in the (ex-British) Caribbean it was quite common for everyone to send you a card "with compliments" on making any sort of business contact with you.   I gather that in some societies it is still considered quite rude not to present or send a card even if you've done business with the person for years.

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....