[ale] OT Are you using QR codes on business cards and how

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 16:46:12 EDT 2012

I have recently created a business card for my music persona[1]. I
started with the physical dimensions of a US business card, 3.5"x2",
and a PPI of 360. I used Raco Industries free tool[2] for creating the
image code (I like to use 0.25 for the module size).

For the error correction, I used ~15%. Since it is a business card, I
assumed the code could get damaged in a pocket. But I don't think it
will get damaged enough to warrant a full ~30% ECC, so I went for the
middle ground.

The code is merely the web address printed directly on the card. If
this were a personal card, with say my office number and email and
such, then I would have created a vCard code[3].

I've been partial to Scan[4] as a reader. It has an Android version.

[1] -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/snklp75ogfb2g8g/business_card.png
[2] -- http://www.racoindustries.com/barcodegenerator/2d/qr-code.aspx
[3] -- http://snapmyinfo.com/blog/how-to-create-a-business-card-qr-code/
[4] -- http://scan.me/