[ale] OT: Is this for real? Fwd: Notice of Claim of Copyright Infringement.

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+ale at betteradmin.com
Thu Jun 7 03:11:10 EDT 2012

The RIAA and MPAA are no longer directly suing customers.  They are
now working with ISPs to implement a "graduated response" against
alleged infringers.  You generally get 3 strikes, and you have various
arguments you can make to defend against each one of them.  The
problem is that each time you make an argument, you burn it out so you
can't use it again (you can only claim an open wifi connection once).

This looks like notification of a first strike.  You probably should
find a way to fight it since you truly don't feel you were identified
correctly (are you sure?  anyone else in the house?  maybe a good time
for some education?).

More information:
https://torrentfreak.com/mpaa-riaa-major-isps-preparing-graduated-response-to-piracy-110623/

❧ Brian Mathis