[ale] Low voltage work in GA

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:13:25 EDT 2012

Metal vs Plastic. I realize that plenum cable is designed to NOT give off
toxic fumes. My point/question was/is whether plastic conduit would be
usable in a plenum. I should think not, so far as I know it is made of PVC
just like plumbing pipes only a different color so the plumber doesn't cut
into it to add a new faucet connection or some such. Logically, I would
expect the code to NOT allow plastic conduit in a location that PVC jacked
cable wasn't allowed--UNLESS there is some sort of fire retardant in the
composition of the grey conduit. I know for sure that the same PVC solvent
cement works on both white plumbing and gray electrical pipes, so I doubt
that there is, but that is merely presumption.