[ale] Fwd: Georgia Bill Would Prohibit Subsidies For Municpal Broadband - Slashdot

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Thu Jan 26 15:55:48 EST 2012

The SNR issue isn't quite as bad as the pure vitriol that hits the list in discussions of this nature.   There was quite a heated discussion a few years back on splitting the list (which also led to some people leaving the list).   The issue has come up several times but the list has NOT split and is NOT likely to do so given how often it has come up with no such split occurring.  I'd hate to see that whole can of worms opened again.

Hopefully we can all just agree that there are varying opinions on whether such a split is a good idea but accept that it isn't going to happen and not rehash the reasons why it is a good or bad idea.