[ale] Fwd: Georgia Bill Would Prohibit Subsidies For Municpal Broadband - Slashdot

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jan 26 15:12:33 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 19:33 -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Honestly...  The signal to noise ratio is far better on this list than
> on several other lists I've put up with.  Some people are not going to
> put up with anything and, in their leaving, do the very damn thing
> they object to - add to the noise and degrade the signal to try and
> make a personal point.  So be it.

For many years I thought it may be time to split ALE in ALE and ALP.  P
is for professionals.  Those that make a living using Linux vs those
that do it on the side.

I run Linux on my desktop 24x7

cfowler at compaq-desktop:~/Downloads$ uptime
 15:07:46 up 44 days, 18:13, 11 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.10, 0.13

Those 11 users are my xterms :)

I do not berate Windows users.  I learned a long time ago that to learn
anything immersion is required.  Dual booting allows us to gravitate to
what is easiest.  Even if I did dual-boot Linux would be easiest and I
would still boot it.  I know others who "are Linux" but gravitate to
boot Windows.

I think the SNR on this list is bad.  It could be because the list has
been around for so long.  I've quit a few times, but always came back.
Maybe it is because I've been here since 1995.