[ale] wiki choices

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Jan 23 20:07:51 EST 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012, Jim Kinney wrote:
> I'm setting up a wiki for in-house use primarily for technical
> documentation. I've used Confluence before and will not be using it for

We've been using DokuWiki. Works well, completely file system based.
Has minimal, but enough, access control, does technical docs,
tables, etc.. very well. Best module: The ODT plugin,
allows saving the content part of the page as an ODT,
which convers to a PDF well.

I've often used it as a word processor, just because once
you learn Wiki-Syntax, it is fast and clean.

We also added a javascript based heirarchal menu tree,

If I could merge DokuWiki into Redmine I'd be very happy.