[ale] 26G to backup

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 3 20:20:11 EST 2012

This comes under YMMV.

I only buy name brand CDs and DVDs. Store them away from the light after
burning.  After five years or so I have found that the ability to read
these discs starts to go south rather quickly, if randomly.
The only ones I have found to hold data for more than five years without
failure are the "gold" archival ones, but they are increasingly hard to
find.
Someone on this list recently mentioned JVC archival DVDs. They also are
hard to find. Manufacturer's web site doesn't offer them for sale or point
to a retailer that does.  Sent them an email and got directed to a
retailer in Rochester, N.Y.  He wants $100 for a stack of 25.

http://www.archivalmethods.com/Product.cfm?categoryid=43&Productid=524

Sean