[ale] how do I run, and control, X11 server on android tablet?

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sat Dec 29 15:31:21 EST 2012

Hi all,

I've been trying to figure out how to attach a program running in the GO
language to a GUI, since it doesn't have a built in GUI.  I've found a
couple of X11 server programs in the Google Play store entitled,
cleverly, X Server.  I'm wondering if I can run the X server on the
Android tablet and control or drive it remotely from another PC with a
GO program or even a bash script.  So, if I install the X Server program
on the tablet, and say its address is 192.168.50.5, and the pc's address
is 192.168.50.1, how do I run Ubuntu graphical apps (say Firefox?) on
the PC and have them appear on the tablet?  Furthermore, how do I use a
program or script to drive the X11 server directly, so I can use the
tablet as the GUI for the GO program?

Sincerely,

Ron

--

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)