[ale] First look at Winders 8

Jonathan Meek jonathan.l.meek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 22:55:19 EST 2012

As a newcomer, i am faced with an interesting challenge before me: learn
.NET/C# in order to become a programmer in my current employment or do I
learn Java/C++/Perl/Ruby and try my chances elsewhere?

My passion is computers and i fear being struck into a cast of M$ developer
only. I want to write code because it's a great mental exercise, not just
for the money.

Any good thoughts on where to start? Side note: Planning to finish a M.S.
in computer science in July, paid by my employer with no commitment to stay
after completion.

Jonathan