[ale] Way OT: ATL Neighboorhoods and Schools

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Dec 27 13:42:00 EST 2012

Having put three kids through East Cobb schools, I can vouch for the quality of most of them. There are always exceptions, but they are easy to identify. Mostly a couple of areas of with a lot of apartments.

The hard truth is that the more affluent the area the better the schools.
East Cobb is very affluent, so the schools tend to reflect that.

My kids have been involved with competitive national robotics teams, school broadcasting and video editing, the full range of musical programs, and fully funded sports programs beyond just football and basketball.

The high schools are very good, in general, and the magnet programs, at Wheeler for example, have phd level teachers with actual specialties in the areas they teach.  The  magnet programs generally include college level material and internships with prestige institutions. Some examples; Emory University, CDC and UGA.

-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com