[ale] OT Comcast cable fanout question

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 17:05:41 EST 2012

I switched to Cable, and the signal was so low that they had to give me an
amp.  If you can, get the diagnostics from one of you cable boxes and see
if the signal is marginal or strong.  If the data signal is weak enough,
they might provide the amp for free.

Also, Comcast self-installs assume that you have nothing else in the
network, so you'll need to talk to them about config options to fit your
existing network

Pete Hardie
--------
Better Living Through Bitmaps