[ale] AER anyone?

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at Tux86.org
Mon Dec 3 16:41:40 EST 2012

I am working on a test rig and trying to get AER support working on RHEL
6.3.  I am totally new to AER and am reading-up on it as I go but was
wondering:

Do you have to disable AER if your build includes PCIE cards that do NOT
support AER?  (I'm thinking "no")

I have two cards in question.  One I have it from the mfgr. that it does
NOT support AER; while the other is an Intel NIC and I read that there
are know issues with the chipset and/or switch of the card in RHEL 6.3.
Of course everything works when installed in a different backplane (w/o
a specific IDT PCIE switch or when I use RHEL 5.x).

TIA........Rich in Lilburn