[ale] Strange booting on Ubuntu encrypted hdd

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Mon Dec 3 14:41:47 EST 2012

All

I've installed Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit and decided to try out the encrypted
hard drive feature. At every boot, the system seems to hang on a blank
screen, although the keyboard is still functional. Ctrl-F1 reveals just a
cursor, but I cannot do anything with it.

If I do a reboot using ctrl-alt-del, it boots into Grub without any
problems, requesting the encryption password, etc. and runs perfectly fine
after that.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

ed

--
Edward Holcroft
Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not