[ale] Linux bashed by Apple?

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at Tux86.org
Wed Aug 29 11:33:16 EDT 2012

I think this is another example of CNN going for a sensational headline
and trying to make drama.  The article actually goes on to tout F/OSS
and the dominance of Linux in the cloud and server arena...so for that
reason the author "might" have been trying to grab attention to Linux.
The article should (IMHO) been titled otherwise as I didn't see that
they dealt much with Apple as a desktop OS power-house.  (Sorry Apple, I
think MS still has you beat hand's down on that one!)

Personally, I think the desktop is well on its way out as a mainstream
and the portable (multifunction) device here to stay in its place.  Long
ago predicted, but not embraced by the likes of me.  I own no portable
devices as such and have no plans of owning one anytime soon.  That
makes me a "dinosaur" too...I know.  So be it....

Rich in Lilburn