[ale] IPv6 interface identifiers

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Aug 17 09:31:15 EDT 2012

Yes, this network is a single physical segment. Link local addresses are
limited to a single segment and I don't think that there is a way to route
them.

I have been using IPv6 for a long time as well, but I have never really had
a need to connect to a link local address before. I have tried to ping such
addresses in the past as well, though, and an interface identifier is
required to do so.