[ale] RH cert training recommendations?

Andrew Wade andrewiwade at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 23:36:48 EDT 2012

I studied for and passed the RHCE test last October on the first try.  I
found that I used two resources the prepare myself for the test:

1)  The RH300 Class from Red Hat which I took at GCA Center off of GA-400 .
  This is the training provider in Atlanta if you register for the class
through redhat.com.   This class covers what's on the test and they give
you the RH 300 book which has practice labs and answers for each section.

2)  Video Tutorials:  CBT Nuggets and RHCT And RHCE - Video Tutorials
(which were posted on Youtube).   I liked these video tutorials since I
could passively watch them in my free time as a break from  hitting the
RH300 text too hard.

Keep in mind that my measure for being ready for the test was that I could
do any lab in the RH300 without any need to look things up or second
thought of how to approach the problem.    During the test, time is your
biggest hurdle; you can look at man pages or the deployment guide all day,
but for the test you have a finite amount of time.

Also, keep in mind that you can negotiate credits with RedHat during
license renewal time.   If you have a large environment and step up to be
the guy/girl that crunches the numbers, you can throw training credits into
that renewal pot!

That's how I got most of my training..hehe