[ale] laptop overheats before install completes

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at Tux86.org
Thu Apr 5 09:19:58 EDT 2012

Can you get thermal readings through lmsensors or other tools?

Sounds like thermal controls are set such that the driver does not
provide proper cooling;
or throttling of the fan.  I have used a Windows tool (at work) from an
F/LOSS project
called Open Hardware Monitor (includes a Linux port) that has given good
results.  I
might suggest getting some data on system temps and see if you can
further nail down
where the issue lays.

See:  http://openhardwaremonitor.org/  for more information...

It may well be that the driver support for fan control isn't properly
implemented on your
hardware or it is missing altogether.  Dunno...worth delving into a
little more I would think...

Cheers!

RinL